- Beth Chiodo RD, LDN, CWC
Top 5 Foods for Weight Loss
It's May which means the unofficial start of summer is right around the corner. Whether you are thinking about jumpstarting your weight loss efforts or looking to boost what you’ve already been doing, you may be tempted to try a cleanse or other expensive product or supplement on the market. Save your time and money and try some of these foods to accelerate your weight loss instead:
1. Watermelon – Weighing in at a whopping 46 calories per cup, watermelon has a high water content which will keep you hydrated and feeling full. Proper hydration is important for weight loss because dehydration can cause your metabolism to slow down. Watermelon also contains lycopene, a powerful antioxidant and it can help curb a sweet tooth.
2. Bell Peppers – Bell peppers are nutritional powerhouses. They are high in vitamin C, and can be a great item to stuff with lean turkey, sweet potatoes, cheese, and whole grains for a nutrient-packed lunch or dinner.
3. Lentils – Lentils can help boost weight loss because of their high fiber and protein content. One cup has 16 grams of fiber and 18 grams of protein. Add cooked lentils to pasta sauce and skip the meat altogether or add them to soups, tacos, salads, or stir fries. Their subtle flavor allows them to blend right in.
4. Parmesan Cheese – Yes, you read that right. Indulging in moderation is the key to weight loss success. One ounce has 10 grams of protein! Sprinkle this on roasted vegetables or corn on the cob for a healthy and delicious treat.
5. Sweet potato – I can’t think of a healthier way to cut back on processed carbs! Sweet potatoes are high in fiber and vitamin A and they can help keep your blood sugar stable, which is conducive to weight loss. Try them with some avocado and salsa or add your favorite nut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
If you are looking to jumpstart your weight loss and want to improve your nutrition, schedule your free consultation with me today! I accept almost all major insurances and many cover nutrition services at 100%. In-person, telephonic, and FaceTime options available. Call me at (484) 951-3916 or email me at email@example.com.